Thursday, April 16, 2009

Happy Stuff

I love these girls!

A list of good things from the past week or so:

1. I got to go to The Porch today. It doesn't work out very often, so it was a treat.

2. The college thing clicked for Collin. I can't believe how quickly he's adapted to his new world at WCC. He's driving all over the place, keeping track of his schedule, his homework, meeting people, texts me all the time, is totally dialing his school load so far. He rocks.

3. Alissa learned how to do flip turns at swim practice! The final big thing she has been needing and wanting to learn. I was so excited when she came home with the news ... she got a prize from the prize box!!

4. The plum tree is in full bloom, the sun has been shining, the lawn was mowed twice and the little girls have been eating lunch on the back steps.

5. My root canal recovery was totally no big deal. (Sorry, Renee ... no misery-loves-company help for you this time.)

6. I got to talk on the phone to my sister-in-law today. I'm always so encouraged after a phone call with her, although it makes me miss them terribly.

7. You should see Ani-girl jump up and down when I pull up in the van each day at noon to pick her up from her little preschool class. It is the sweetest thing ever. I can't wait until the day she has words to tell me all about her three hours at school. She is always so happy and full of smiles. Her routine is to ask for "noodles", aka: Top Ramen, for lunch as we drive away toward home.

2 comments:

marie said...

A sweet wonderful post full of the the life and energy of your family. Thanks for sharing. We adore you all.

Brenda said...

What a great post! It seems that the media is just full of doom and gloom stories. It's so refreshing to be reminded that life doesn't have to be a downer just because the economy is!

I love talking on the phone to you, too! The down side is that it makes me miss you also.