Monday, April 13, 2009

I Couldn't Decide, But Now I Have


I decided that it was a good thing. But it was a little tenuous for a while there. The phone rang at 7:45 this morning (never a good sign) and it was the endodontist office on the line (also seldom a good thing). They had a cancellation this morning and did I want to come in right away? A generous offer to let me have a root canal first thing Monday morning. Ugh. I had just learned last week that I might need one. Mr. Endodontist was going to run some tests to decide for sure. But here they were, kindly offering for me to come in for the root canal ... now! I looked at my pajamas. I tried to think of all the factors: when does Brett leave for work? does Ania go to preschool today? when does Collin need the van for classes at WCC? is Kaisha working? who will watch the little girls?


So, here I am at 2PM, post root canal, being thankful that it's all done. No need to search for a convenient time on the calendar to schedule it later. I don't have to dread it for days leading up to it. I don't have to wonder how bad it will hurt, who will watch the girls, and if I'll pass out afterwards (like I did after having my wisdom teeth pulled). Monday morning root canals must be the best.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Ohhhhh Kristine! I called this morning and talked to Brett. He and I chatted for a bit then he told me where you were! I shot up instant "arrow prayers" that you would be comfy in that chair, happily unaware of any discomfort. At the risk of sounding like a crazy lady, I'm glad you got this all done! Hope you're feeling well. You are almost like the bionic woman now, stem to stern you're all new!

Kristine said...

It was rather motivating to get it dealt with right away ... thinking of having emergency dental work done in China in July! Yikes!

I'm so glad you got to talk to your brother this morning!