We had good news today. Not just one piece of exciting, good news ... but three!
One of them is that Alissa gets to move up to the Junior group on the swim team on Monday! She's been promoted! It means a long list of great things for her swimming. We were really hoping they would move her up by this coming fall ... so this is unexpectedly, excitingly early!
(I love this picture of her with her goats last summer.)
1. She will get a lot more coaching. Bless her heart, her novice coach (whom we adore) simply has too many kids (as young as 7 yrs old) to give much individualized instruction. There are two coaches for the Juniors.
2. She will get to swim with kids more her age!
3. She won't be the tallest person in her practice group anymore. :o)
4. Her workouts will be almost twice as hard. They swim faster and more constantly. More laps.
5. Someone will teach her flip turns and her times will improve a lot.
6. She will get to learn from the other kids. Most of them have been swimming for years ... not three months like Alissa.
7. She will get to know a bunch of new friends.
Alissa, we are proud of you! Good job, honey!