Wednesday, April 13, 2011

In the ICU

Alissa's photo

So, my dad is in the hospital on life support as of this morning. The cardiologist said there is a 50/50 chance of his heart being able to sustain life on its own when they try weaning him off the meds and the balloon pump, probably tomorrow. My brother will arrive into town at 2AM. I haven't seen him in years. I can't wait. He's a great man.  

I'm waiting for Ania to fall asleep so I can go back to sit with my mom. Mia talked all the way home from the hospital tonight about the losses she has felt the past couple months and how hard it will be for her if Papa dies too. How much can one little eight year old take? My heart breaks for her and for my other kids. Will I have what it takes to walk with them through this grief too? I'm tired. I need to get my PTA school application in. All three older kids have tough academic loads right now. Kaisha is working two jobs. Collin is working part time too. Sigh.

We'll make it. There are no other options. And, maybe Dad will be fine. 

5 comments:

Leslie Parks said...

Kristine, our hearts break for you. I just don't understand - but thankfully I don't. I don't have what it takes to be God. This si part of his plan too but we are sad with and for you.Keep us updated.

Dani said...

Thinking about you and your family. I'm praying as you (me too) wonder how much you all can handle. He knows. Adore you.

Annie said...

I can't imagine...praying for you guys right now. <3

Anonymous said...

Hugs and kisses all 'round. (Except for Kevin, poor boy doesn't know me.) Thanks for posting and keeping everyone up-to-date on how to be praying for you all. Loves.

tara said...

We'll lift you through the roof like the paralytic's friends did when he was helpless... You have been through so much, I wish it could stop. We love you and your kids so much. Hang in there...