Friday, September 11, 2009

A-Little-Bit

Being the oldest of five kids isn't always the easiest job in the world, but it does come with a few perks. What those perks are ... well, their eluding me at the moment, but I'm sure they're out there. But the difficulties are fresh on my mind.

Like: your parents don't ever really know what they are doing with you. Experimenting. Trying this and that, waiting a few years to see if it worked or not. If not, your younger brother gets some new set of rules that look a whole lot sweeter than what you just endured.

Or: the responsibility. Like when your parents decide they need to get away and leave you with ... EVERYTHING!

Another example: try having one foot in the adult world, and one foot in the kid world ... and watch your parents treat you like an adult when you feel like being a kid ... or worse yet, they treat you like a kid when you are, totally, at the moment, an adult.

Sigh.

Kaisha's world is really full these days. She wrote a list with tiny print, two-sided on a sticky note. I've been living vicariously through her list since I read it a couple days ago, aware of when she finishes something on her list. Just imagining that moment (which I'm never there for) when she gets to cross a task off it! Ahhhhh ...

She loves her job at the coffee shop. Loves it. I wish I could buy her the coffee shop for Christmas, but it's not for sale. She'll keep on working there three days a week while she takes three classes at the community college. Business classes. She'd like to manage a coffee shop someday.

She's also still in the thick of her children's literature writing class. She is producing some great things through this class and we're excited to see her honing her writing talent. Definitely publishable stuff.

She's excited about the new church; new areas of ministry and new venues to grow in her walk with the Lord. She's still processing China. It was an incredible trip ... not so much the "China" part ... but the orphanage part. She left a piece of her heart there and it hurts sometimes.

On a lighter note, there are the game nights at a friends house, a new cool girl-car to drive around, new friendships, truck loads of encouragement from SweetFriend in Montana, the possibility of England in the spring, and who knows what other great things the Lord has coming her way. I can't wait to see!

I love you, Kaish!

PS Ten points for knowing what A-Little-Bit has to do with this blog post!

8 comments:

Abbie said...

I LOVE YOU KAISHA!!!

And I get the 10 points..it's how she used to say her middle name when she was little. :) Am I right?

Kristine said...

Yes, Abs! You win!

Amanda said...

Abbie! i was going to say that! YOU TOOK IT FROM ME! gosh. jk.

Kaisha, you are amazing in so many ways, i look up to you alot. In the ways you treat your sibblings and friends, the way you balance out your time, and how passionate you are about alot of things! I love you!

marie said...

Yep. I knew too. About the middle name. I've been around a long time. :) Kaisha is wonderful and one of my most favorite people in the world. What a great grill she is!

Anonymous said...

a great grill?

Annie said...

Awww...I miss Kaish. I hope we can get together again soon and catch up on all the little things of life right now!

btw...I completely relate with her "oldest child" predicament...especially being the family "experiment" who paves a smoother way for the younger siblings to follow! :)

Kristine said...

"Grill" was how one of the kids used to say "girl" before they could pronounce it right. Marie knows the inside scoop to my kids' quirks.

hannah said...

I absolutely, positively, totally, NEVER EVER GIVING UP LOVE YOU KAISHA!!!!!
you are my hero. <3 you to death.